Monday 9 July 2012

The Book of Ezra

The enemy always wants to oppose people who are doing something for God so that he can stop their work. We do not have to be afraid when we are expriencing opposition, because God is with us.

Even though the enemy does not give up easily, HE IS A DEFEATED FOE, and we will eventually overcome him if we stay "STRONG, ALERT, AND COURAGEOUS."

It's amazing that the Book of Ezra cover a period of about eighty years and tell the stories of diligent faithful people who overcame opposition and resistance in order to rebuild God's temple and restore it to its former glory. When I study this.. tears started flowing because its so true that we grew weary and discouraged because of the taunts of the enemies. We're thankful that God sends people into our lives to encourage us along the narrow path. The narrow path we're called to walk with Jesus.

 In the Book of Erza, God sent the two prophets Haggai and Zechariah to remind them of God's faithfulness. I'm thankful for the people in my life who are great reminders to me.. my sister and brother, Ariel and Elias are the peeps in my life who reminds me to be strong and have courage and provides me with Godly advices.. Hui Min & Miran my sheperds they walk with me down the road.. I'm very grateful, Thank You God. They are the Haggai and Zechariah in my life.

Haggai 2:4,5 ".... be strong, alert, and courageous, all you people of the land, says the Lord, and work! For I am with you, says the Lord of hosts.. My Spirit stands and abides in the midst of you; fear not."

Amen! Let's work it, let's fear not, worry not for .. His Spirit stands and abides in the midst of us! God has great plans for our lives, the enemy will resist us but God is our side. The ENEMY IS A DEFEATED FOE.

God always wins and in Him, we do too.

1 comment:

  1. keep sensing that we allow ourselves to give up or break down too easily before giving the devil a tougher fight. At least give him a good punch before you fall for the nth time, and let Jesus take over?

    One day we will be able to stand strong if we keep practising our "skill" and our stamina in the fighting for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete