Wednesday 18 July 2012

Starting a blog business idea..maybe?


It is a little sarcastic to add in the word maybe judging from the materials that I have already invested in, but the truth is there is a lot more work involved than I think. I feel kinda embarrassed for saying this when I already knew how much work it’s gonna cost.

It happened when I was just musing with my own thoughts on my bed half asleep, when this image of a blog shop selling "mini" stuff came to mind. These ideas partly came from the conversations I have made regarding blog shop with people who are interested in starting one and I was telling them what might work.


Ever since that morning, I have been having a flow of ideas that is adding on to one another. Somehow, for something that I have already given a “dead sentence” like this won’t work, it’s not productive or its not cost effective sorta thoughts. Elias add on to the thoughts that some else already done it very well before us and it might not work. And yes of course I knew there are people better than me, there will always be people better than me unless I am the best right? But still there is this feeling of peace and encouragement to continue and everywhere I go, whatever I need things seemed to be provided and favour somehow. So, I have decided to take foot on a step of courage and accept this challenge. I am treating it as a learning phase that I am “using” and “sharpening” the gifts that He gave me until I am mature and perfect in His given gifts. BUT today I want to add on that it must also make money thinking tha it won’t be so tough on me for my study years and the loan, and I trust that if God is with me He will surely enable me and bless me to bear bountiful fruits for Him in due season. It must be both fruitful and talent-giving.


So far He has showed me through ideas and thoughts and ways through people around me to get me cheap reference books (thanks Elias), promotion sale and cheaper price on materials (thanks to Lijuan girl) and even colleagues when I asked for advice on where to get the different things and she is so willing to share. That is the spirit I wanna have, a spirit of sharing and learning in my business, DIY or whatever I call it later. I also know that this is a humbling experience as God is showing you the way and you gotta be humble in order to receive well. And yes when I do my research He provides the ways. Loves God.


The idea is to start a blog shop that exudes individual artistic style and craft pieces that is both inspiring and looks professionally handmade.


Here come the problems:



1)      While I understood the shoppers buying nature and am confident enough that I know what might sell I realise that my skills still need more work to meet up to the consumer standard.


2)      As compared to the past, I realise that I am less patient and tend to want to “get things over with” that is obstructing my productivity. Don’t get me wrong I can spend the whole day doing this won’t get tired of it but it is the impatience that is causing me to make more mistakes than I should and expect of myself to.


3)      Money. I need a part time job for now.


However, as it is a journey likewise I have learnt and realize more about myself since childhood. I have become stronger, wiser and less naïve than before and perhaps than most people all glory to God but I have also realize that I am less tolerant, more impatient and hmm perhaps less kind due to distrust in man consciously and unconsciously. I still thank God that He had brought me through a lot to have learnt and receive compassion and acceptance in people and in myself that has brought about the change and confidence in me, through all the suffering and pain.


So perhaps I am really on the right track, judging that God is actually speaking to and through me every day as I hear and obey his calling. That He continues to teach and remind me of the things I need to change and work on until the day of Perfection come. The whole thing is personal only to me, as it feels like He is reversing the effects of the past through actively developing and recreating back the fullness of the trust, love and faith inside me until I am fully restored. How, by using the childhood memory, because every time when I do something for somebody I always think about how it will bless and bring joy to the person that I am gifting to, all the good thoughts about people and good things. I think that is what we need to exercise consciously every day yet; we are not doing enough because we are busy and even worse for hurting people because they are constantly being attacked by bad thoughts.


I am that hurting people but redeemed.


The greater the hurt the greater the extent of the genuine love and joy you need to have to live every day for God.


and yes He provides. But everyone is different, He has given me a way out personally by bringing me back to my “original” state when I was trusting and pure in my visualization, and by giving me a dream, a passion that is greater than the pain, He has spoken life to me and I accepted. We all need to ask God for one too for a way to get out of our pain and live hopefully in His glory everyday.



Working towards Purity, Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment